Wednesday 24 June 2015

June 24 Coeur d'Alene

We left Yellowstone park area and we had planned to stop in Missoula Montana after 4 hours; we tried one park which was rated highly in the good sam book, but it was FULL! On a Wednesday night? Really? Ok that made our decision easy, off to Coeur d'Alene Idaho. The I90 was really nice, but you guessed it, seems each State has money to spend on road improvements. I mean it was a nice road?? Of the 4 sections with roadwork, all 4 had signs 3 miles out to go into one lane, then only 45MPH, then when we get to where the signs say the work is being done? Nothing, Zippo!
We drove through 3 passes for the first time, the Dodge has been performing admirably, one climb I'd compare to Snowshed hill on the coke, I held her in 3rd gear at 55MPH with no lag. Lots of poop under this baby's hood. Our clocks moved back one hour, we are now on Pacific time. And I had my first road kill today, I saw the whites of this big beasts eyes about a 100 yards out. he moved one way, then changed his mind, then he froze and thump thump, I nailed him good! I think it was a baby ground hog, felt so bad! We have been fortunate though that we haven't hit anything big; on I90 across from Michigan to Iowa we saw at least 5 dead deer on the side of the road.
Pulled into a highly rated park which actually reminded us a bit of our park in Palm Springs (minus the golf course). Weather is warming up, we've been watching the Northwest heat up and are planning accordingly.
 yup, more roadwork

 the drive today reminded us a lot of driving through BC

 so I parked on the pad after I unhooked. there wasn't a lot of room left so I parked without even thinking that the slide still had to come out. Well this is how close it got after Caroline yelled out "where's the truck?". well the slide was out already and we saw how close WE (note I stress we) almost had some more body work to fix

 a nice spot complete with concrete patio

6 comments:

  1. So glad you listened to your wife Bill and stopped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Pleasure to understand your blog.The around articles or blog posts is relatively extraordinary, Alpha Brain and I quite enjoyed reading your blog and things that you expressed. I quite like to look back over a standard basis,post additional inside topic.Thanks for sharingkeep writing!!! Nice info. Keep the useful info coming!http://www.supplements4help.com/alpha-brain/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete