Monday 22 June 2015

June 22 The aftermath of a tornado warning

It is Monday morning, yesterday we were blessed by being able to worship with a RCUS here in Rapid City. The RCUS is predominately here in the West, and we will see if we can meet one more on the way home. Again, Caroline and I were pleasantly confident that the Church is much larger than we could imagine after experiencing many of them throughout this trip. Its funny when you are brought up in one federation of Churches that until you do worship with different denominations you then get a sense of how large the Church really is. The service was as Reformed as it could be, matter of fact we've seen things such as silent prayer, prayer of confession, and audience participation which I think we could introduce into our service (maybe i'll write a letter when we get back :))
I did not have a good sleep last night. It started at about 12 midnight, the wind picked up, the thunder and lighting started, and this was after what we thought was a mild evening compared to the 2 other nights where the thunder and lightning had started much earlier.
This time the wind was much fiercer than the previous nights; after I was awoken, I tried to open the rig door and I could feel then how hard it was, I actually had trouble pushing it open; good thing it was coming from the left, if it came from my right, it surely would've ripped the door out of my hand (you're probably thinking what's this idiot doing, opening his trailer door in the middle of a lighting/thunder/wind storm!!). My educated guess was the gusts were at least 50 MPH!!, the trailer this time was rocking from the force. This time the lightning was much closer as well. I didn't want to turn any lights on at first so I sat by the only window which the blind was up; the bathroom! I literally sat on the toilet watching the show, it was something I had never seen or experienced before, and in all honesty I do not want to experience again! You watch shows on TV about storms and then tornadoes; and you guessed it, I was just waiting to see a tornado come out of this dark scary situation. It also started to hail, my worry again is that when one is inside a "mobile home:, ythe structure is not designed to have golf ball size hailstones getting thrown at you at a 100 MPH; the plastic shower and bathroom vent coverings will surely crack or break. I had visions of going up on the roof and getting plastic tote lids cut up with duct tape and repairing huge holes in these vent covers. I watched for about a half hour and I could see the lighting move East of us; I went back to bed as it seemed to be subsiding. Well it didn't ; about 2AM the wind picked up again; im guessing this was the tail end of the system with the wind pushing it out. It woke me again, as it seemed to be more fierce than a couple hours earlier. At least this time no thunder and lightning.
This morning the skies are completely clear and it should be a beautiful day.

8 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Alpha Brain Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you access consistently quickly.http://www.supplements4help.com/alpha-brain/


    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a appealing article by the way. I am going to go ahead and save this article for my sister to read later on tomorrow. Black Label No Keep up the superior work.Thats a very good feedback. Im curious to think what type of impact this would have globally? There are times when things like this begin to have global expansion and frustration. Ill check back to see what you have to say.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/black-label-no/


    ReplyDelete
  3. If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, King Size Male Enhancement all things.I am going to go ahead and bookmark this article for my brother for a research project for class. This is a beautiful blog by the way. Where do you get the theme for this website?http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  4. How is it that just anyone can publish a weblog and get as popular as this? Its not like youve said anything incredibly impressive Black Label No more like youve painted a fairly picture more than an issue that you know nothing about! I dont want to sound mean, here. But do you actually think that you can get away with adding some pretty pictures and not definitely say something?Have you thought about adding some differing opinions to your article? I think it might enhance viewers understanding.http://www.strongmenmuscle.com/black-label-no/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete