Wednesday 24 June 2015

June 23 Yellowston park

Today was our last "tourist trap" location. We headed out after sous chef "Guillaume Extraordinair" prepared a scrumptious bacon and egg specialty breakfast for the handsome couple. We entered the park after our $30 (USD) guest fee, the drive was very nice although be it only 2 lanes for the next 300 miles; yes I said 300 miles!! We had decided to take in everything this park has to offer in one day as we have been watching the forecast and see that the next week will be hot in the Pacific Northwest. Now I have to say the tug of seeing our kids, grandkids, and especially our staff (get ready folks for the return of the BIG KAHUNA!!); as we are getting closer we are in all honesty getting a bit homesick.
We did the whole park today, lots of driving; this was the most driving I had done on an "off" day but we did enjoy it. I'll let the pictures and captions tell the story.
mammoth springs, sulphur water simply oozing out of the ground. it continues to form an eerie looking landscape

 and to prove we were there!

 it actually looks kinda cool

 and then there was more road construction :(

 the hords waiting for old faithfull to blow. this was June 23rd, I can well imagine the traffic (which was bad enough now) in July and August.

 thar she blows!

 as we were driving around the park, we saw lots of bison, some elk, deer, and one little black bear which was too far away to get a decent shot. You always know when there is wildlife close to the road, a huge group of vehicles driving at 1 MPH!! This one got very close to the truck; Caroline is already in the "backed up" position :) (most other pics as we were driving she'd have her hands 2 feet outside of the truck. not this time)

 and then it walked across the road

 beautiful Yellowstone river

 the canyon where the river goes through is simply amazing

 there are 2 waterfalls in this canyon, this is the larger of the two
 more oozing

 Lake Yellowstone at around 8500 feet

 as it got closer Caroline got stage fright and put up the window quick. wouldn't want this bad boy sticking his antlers in the window now would we?
 

8 comments:

  1. Pretty awesome to be able to get that close to the wildlife.
    "Here moosy, moosy, moosy!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you only spent one day there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hts Pleasure to realize your blog.The above articles is relatively extraordinary, and I extremely enjoyed reading your blog and points that you expressed. Alpha Brain I incredibly like to glimpse back on a typical basis,post additional during the topic.Thanks for sharingkeep writing!!!http://www.supplements4help.com/alpha-brain/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this page bookmarked a while in the past but my laptop crashed. I have since gotten a new one and it took me Black Label No a while to locate this! I also really like the design though.Well I sincerely enjoyed reading it. This subject offered by you is very useful for proper planning.http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/black-label-no/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bro saved this internet site for me and I have been reading through it for the past couple hrs. King Size Male Enhancement This is really going to assist me and my classmates for our class project. By the way, I enjoy the way you write.Hello. remarkable job. I did not imagine this. This is a remarkable story. Thanks!http://www.healthcaresdiscussion.com/king-size-male-enhancement/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete