Monday 18 May 2015

Cape Cod

We got in Saturday morning early and made our way to Connecticut. The one thing about booking ahead on line is sometimes the websites are very deceiving. Some are very good, some are so so, then you get some like the one we had outside of Atlantic City (a ripoff!). The one in Clinton CT was not so good. Our plan was to stay the weekend but after pulling in we knew we would not. Looked like lots of permanent units, not well kept etc. We prefer not to travel on Sunday but we did; we wanted to make sure we could at least watch the live feed (which we did). We enjoy visiting PCA's and OPC's but if we cant find one we do the live feed.
We decided to pull out to a new spot around Cape Cod, about 2.5 hours down the road. Again, booking on line or calling ahead to book you do take a chance. I had just signed up with passport America; an RV organization similar to the Good Sam Club. They are associated with parks who give 50% discounts off their posted rates (which we had been paying along to this point). There are exclusions such as no weekends, some only offer 3 out of 5 days etc. so its not always 50% off all the time, but hey if I can save a few bucks here and there.
So we made our first PA booking at Peters Pond RV http://www.sunrvresorts.com/Community/PET in Sandwich (that's right) MA. We had booked a premium waterfront spot on the phone at $77 per night (but with the 50% discount down to $38.50). Well were we surprised at what we got. Have to say the top spot we have had so far on the trip. One other was the State park in Savannah Georgia. We are literally sitting on the beach. My neighbor asked me how I managed to get this site; I told him I had called the day before and got it; he was floored as this seems to be THE site at this 400 lot park. Ok by me :) We had only confirmed 2 nights but i'll be stopping at the gate this morning to book till Friday. The only slight problem was as I came down the road into the culdesac (yup you guessed it) I could see I would not be able to make the turn to get around to back in. Took me a couple back and forths but with the trusty directions of my navigator, she guided me away from the trees and other obstacles into our spot. We have also now booked the weekend for Boston as when we arrived Saturday I found out the next weekend is memorial day weekend here in the States. I managed to find a park close to Boston. Cape Cod is a large area which we hope to explore over the next 4 days.

 the nicest spot so far on our trip. beachfront camping at Peters Pond in Sandwich MA
 

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful spot! We were just thinking that on the East Coast you must not be able to view any sunsets but it looks like you did!

    ReplyDelete