Wednesday 4 November 2015

November 4 The circumnavigation of North America is complete

Seems we have been staying just ahead of the bad weather on this segment of our trip; today we awoke to a gloomy sky but still 10 degrees. But again, just as we started to pull out it started to drizzle a bit. We decided to take a bit out of the way route "home". We followed the Colorado river down highway #95 but rather than go straight down to I-10 we turned West on #62 and then #177 South. This path was about 40 minutes faster than going straight down 95. Now we've driven on some pretty boring roads through flatlands and prairies; but this one was by far the most lonely (and boring) road we've been on. Basically for about 65 miles there was absolutely nothing!! Seriously, not one town, not one building, not one palm tree farm, not even any mountain cows (ask Lynette :)) for 65 miles. The only thing we saw was about half way a flag person who made us stop in the middle of nowhere because of road resurfacing. We chatted for a bit, grabbed some lunch from the trailer, a quick pee, and we were on our way. I was watching the gps  more often than I had previously on our whole trip. Maybe it was the anticipation of finishing off what for both us has simply put been a marvelous wonderful trip. We hit I-10 and it felt like home so to speak. Another half hour and we pulled into our park.
I will follow up with final thoughts on our trip in the next few days as I look back and accumulate facts and highlights.
 today the longest straightest most boring road I've ever been on 

 and then a flag person in the middle of nowwhere

 as I was counting down the KM's I noticed the elevation was changing. Didn't know we are at -42 feet below sea level

 HOME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment